Whenever my brother Wess' thicker-than-mine hair would be buzzed, i would want to rub the top of his head -- he would tolerate a couple of times, then swat my hand away and say "STOP!" Of course i would try a few more times to make sure he really, really meant that i was bugging him...
lol... sibs.
That childhood memory made me smile when my own head got buzzed last evening. Odd to have my hand remembering what someone else's head felt like and my head feeling my hand.... but it still made me happy in a way i didn't expect to be about the situation.
I still have a LOT of stubble, but at least when the stubble falls it will be less noticeable than the long hair was... and when my head itches, i can rub my hand across the velvet that remains... and grin.
Company today... perhaps a camera will come out and a pix could be obtained... with or without a hat!
Still have my lashes and brows... they may or may not decide to wander. And in the T.M.I. department, my hairy legs, which needed a wax job and i laughed to think i'd get a good chemo wax out of the situation... stubbornly seem to be holding on to every ugly hair. Go figure.
You make me smile.
ReplyDeleteWhat a smile! I like it! :)
ReplyDeleteOdd how I don't even really notice the difference! Maybe it's the fantastic smile I remember. Maybe it's because I'm sporting the same haircut and I think it's awesome. My favorite parts are being able to wear a hat to stay warm in the winter, and when I take it off, no muss! Towel-drying only to find everything is already in place also rocks. Thanks for sharing the link to this blog, Bea. I can only hope to handle an experience like this with as much grace and good nature as you.
ReplyDeletebc