And here's a sample thread of how my random, stream-of-consciousness world works: It's spring... i'm ready to be watching the earth renew, talking with my friends about vegetable gardens and what they want to do this year for landscaping projects... and remembering some of my wish list options for a yard of my own... and in that list, highlighting a particular item i loved... thinking i should explore it further (refresh those memories!)
So i asked my friend Pam from Bolig Photography to share one of the pictures she took of me at Sacsayhuaman, outside of Cusco Peru in 2008:
![]() |
| If i get a chance to have my very own stone chair... |
What about you? What happy experiences are you able to dredge up from the past, smile about, and think of referencing in today's adventures or tomorrow's plans? I hope you too have lots of random happy moments to mull over... and if not, no time like today to make some! With that in mind, think i'll go for a walk!
btw, my flicker set from the Bolivia/Peru trip is here

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this photo, Bea! You look so beautiful, so happy and so full of life and enthusiasm! LOVE it! (The rock seat is awesome, too!) ~Sarah
ReplyDeleteSince you asked, happy to oblige. Any time in the woods or with my kids deposits a handful of those sorts of memories. Just wish I had better recall...
ReplyDeleteOne little moment stick out in the fog though. Back when I was living in Littleton, CO I had occasion to cross over the mountains along I-70 often, passing all the lovely ski resorts. Never stopped at any of them, though. Usually was in a hurry to a family event in Utah, or a tech conference. Once I had extra time and a pair of snowshoes in the back. Stopped at the top, just before Copper, strapped 'em on and went without the gear I'd ordinarily burden myself with to be the dutiful scout. Just hiked up into the snowy stillness. About a mile from the car I finally stopped and sat on a log to drink it in. To my delight and surprise, a little gray and white bird flutter down and perched on "my" log about 2 feet from me. I'm used to birds steering clear. But this one was interested in me, curious and even a bit playful. Didn't even fly away when I moved to get the camera. Just she and I and the blanketed stillness of the flocked pine and juniper. Loved connecting with that little creature, and feel a piece of the personality of my Father in it.
Not sure if I'm allowed to link in a comment, but one of the pics snapped that day is here: http://www.dbartisans.com/images/20020321_154641_GrayBird.jpg
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful story Bill! Very glad you have that memory AND photos (yes the link worked too)
ReplyDeleteah, snowshoes!!! they are definitely part of my happy experience {perhaps i should blog about them soon!}