Monday, November 18, 2013

cheerful


I'm by nature a cheerful soul, which is a blessing when facing a major, ongoing health crisis... it is not something new that I bring to the table, it's a part of me which is getting more exercise than normal!

I keep seeing myself as a human first, a person with cancer 2nd or 3rd... somehow I don't want cancer to be center stage to my life. I'm not sure that I have a choice all the time, and perhaps denial isn't altogether healthy... but I keep pushing the boundaries of what I feel up to doing, keep fighting for some semblance of "normal"

I hope I still have interesting stories to tell, aside from medical drama.  because it bores ME to tears some days... can't imagine what it does to the rest of you!

think I should go off and write some haikus!

1 comment:

  1. Yes you are, and that is my favorite thing about you: that wonderful smile, ready laughter and positive outlook about everything, even when there was little to like about the data models we inherited ;-)

    ReplyDelete