I got good news at the cancer center last week -- my blood work confirms the notion that my latest meds are working. Last month blood work didn't show that, but I was hopeful that it was just a "lagging indicator" that needed to catch up with the other happiness in my system. Definitely not a fan of the shots, but if they work, I declare that I can deal!
Since I wrote last, another friend has died (surprising us all by passing in his sleep) -- so I've had the funeral experience and the revisiting of the grieving journey. My personal point of view is that grief always stirs up any unfinished business that I haven't processed yet...
I guess it is positive to realize that this round of loss seems to not have much extra baggage...
Perhaps that means I have less unfinished business!!
Ready for spring, although winter just barely started showing her teeth... ready for warmer temps and new growth.
Work is going OK enough; I will know soon what the overall project timeline is, and i'm planning for short or long and learning to be patient.
Trying to sew in the evenings, and it isn't going well -- think i have used all the mental and physical attention i have during the day and so the muddled mistake-ridden, unhappy-with-results, stay-up-too-late can't be too much of a surprise. Last night i looked at the top and decided it might become a charity quilt since i'm not willing to take it all apart for a design change!
sigh.
Today i have too many germs -- ear, nose, and throat issues... so i think that means rest and liquids and maybe even a nap.
Maybe ESPECIALLY a nap!
I'm SO glad to hear about the good news in your labs! Hooray!! :) I've been thinking of you and was hoping it would be good news. So sorry to hear about the unexpected death of your friend. So sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry to hear you're not able to quilt as much as you'd like - I know how much it means to you! But glad that you are able to work and live, and I trust the season for quilting will come again. :) Miss you and think of you often! Love you! Hugs, Sarah
ReplyDelete