I've been a bit remiss on posting, mainly because i don't want to whine and there has been a bleak monotony to my walk... i'd gotten so proficient at blanking out the pains of yesterdays that i had to blink when the doctor asked about them, realizing that i didn't even know how much breakthrough medicine i'd taken or how many days i had woke up with a particular annoying symptom. I just keep choosing to focus on today and look for the good in it.
I guess that's a coping mechanism, but not necessarily helpful to the doctors!!
October brought testing and the possibility that i could get a shot rather than infusions, which made me quite happy (means a typical monthly experience could be less than an hour rather than approaching four!) thankfully the insurance approved the change.
Last week also brought the possibility of work as well, which made me glad as well. I think sitting in a stew of worry and spending my savings isn't a recipe for long-term success either... ironically, i was planning to spend a great deal more of my savings on a house this summer, and that felt like worthwhile progress... but spending it to maintain the status quo didn't feel like moving forward at all, especially as i grieved my lack of creditworthiness and realized there was nothing i could do about it other than keep knocking on the doors that presented themselves to me, trusting that one would open eventually.
Remembering that the universe is on my side is harder when the evidence doesn't necessarily support it!
And thankfully a door did open. I interviewed for and will start a new consulting assignment next week, as soon as i can be scheduled to prove that i am a US citizen. More on that when i have actually started.
Yesterday i had the first of two followup appointments where i got to hear about my test results and talk about any new symptoms i might be experiencing. The pain doctor wanted me to go see a radiation oncologist, but i demurred, waiting to talk with the oncologist. I find it ironic that now that my schedule is busy with a new work assignment, there might be the need to increase medical visits... however, my gut tells me this has been going on for a while now and so i might be stubbornly willing to risk delay until next year.
I will vote for no falls and no colds (one of my ribs is seriously impacted, so coughing would be a bad experience all around)
and a good assignment, and more quilting (obviously!) Soon i should post some pictures of quilts as October was a prolific month.
No comments:
Post a Comment